The fourth steering committee for the project Clean Captive Installation for Industrial Clients in Sub-Sahara Africa took place on 26th June 2023 at Maslow Time Square Hotel in Pretoria, South Africa. The steering committee is composed of one country representative per target country, BMWK representative, IKI representative, and UNEP representatives. Representing the countries were:
- Gerhard Fourie (Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa)
- Seth Agbeve Mahu (Ministry of Energy, Ghana)
- Eng. Okon Nsekenyin Ekpenyong (Energy Commission, Nigeria) excused
- Eng. Stephen Nzioka (Ministry of Energy, Kenya)
BMWK and IKI representatives were excused.
Observers included team members from the Frankfurt School UNEP Collaborating Centre and from UNEP.
The purpose of this third SC meeting was to:
- Update steering committee members on the progress of project activities since last meeting held in March 2022.
- Share with steering committee members a summary of lessons learnt and an assessment of the project KPIs.
- Give steering committee members an opportunity to provide relevant guidance and recommendations on the wrap up of the Project and way forward.
The Steering committee
- Endorsed the project activities from 2019 to 2023;
- Affirmed their continued support and guidance for UNEP and Frankfurt School to propose a continuation or second phase of the project;
- Committed to providing feedback to the project’s Terminal Review scheduled for Q4 2023 to be carried out by an external evaluator.