The second steering committee for the project Clean Captive Installation for Industrial Clients in Sub-Sahara Africa took place on 2nd March 2021 virtually. The steering committee is composed of one country representative per target country, BMU representative, IKI representative, and UNEP representatives. Representing the countries were:
- Eng. Stephen Nzioka (Ministry of Energy, Kenya)
- Seth Agbeve Mahu (Ministry of Energy, Ghana)
- Eng. Okon Nsekenyin Ekpenyong (Energy Commission, Nigeria)
- Gerhard Fourie (Department of Trade and Industry, South Africa).
Observers included team members from the Frankfurt School UNEP Collaborating Centre and from UNEP.
The purpose of this second SC meeting was to:
- Present and review the progress of implementation of the project since the first steering committee meeting held in February 2020;
- Present the project’s work plan for 2021 and receive relevant guidance and recommendations;
- Ensure a continued ownership and commitment of the partner countries to support implementation of the project where main target is the private sector market.
The Steering committee
- Reviewed the progress of project activities in 2020;
- Endorsed the project work plan for year 2021;
- Affirmed their continued support and guidance to make the project a success.