The first steering committee for the project Clean Captive Installation for Industrial Clients in Sub-Sahara Africa took place on 25th February. The steering committee is composed of one country representative per target country, BMU representative, and UNEP representatives. Representing the countries were:
- Eng. Stephen Nzioka (Ministry of Energy, Kenya)
- Seth Agveve Mahu (Ministry of Energy, Ghana)
- Eng. Okon Nsekenyin Ekpenyong (Energy Commission, Nigeria)
- Gerhard Fourie (Depratment of Trade and Industry, South Africa).
Observers included team members from the Frankfurt School UNEP Collaborating Centre and from UNEP.
The purpose of this first meeting was to:
- Discuss and agree on the role and governance of the steering committee;
- Review the progress of the project activities since its commencement in July 2019;
- Receive relevant guidance and recommendations on the implementation plan of the project; and
- Allow the Steering Committee members to get to know each other.
During this steering committee, Mr. Stephen Nzioka of Kenya has been elected chair for the steering committee for the year 2020.